Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Introducing My New Clothing Brand...

If I ever had the chutzpah to start my own clothing brand, I'd call it Phoenix Clothing and the advertisements would look a little something like this...


As you know, my whole blog is an expression of my creativity, and so far I've shown you guys my sketches and my dance moves. Today, however, I wanted to use fashion as my medium, instead of paint or music. I found these geometric concrete blocks lying in the prairie grass and asked myself, "if I were to shoot a fashion campaign here, what would that look like?" And the images above are what resulted. Voila!

I can't really tell you how I arrived at "fringe shorts + diamond print + denim + boho + cowboy". All I had in mind was that the sun was really bright, the blue sky needed to be reflected in a piece of clothing, and that there was a certain wild exploration feeling in the air.

I've always been impressed with fashion editorials and advertisements in magazines, and now I am even more appreciative of what fashion editors, photographers, and stylists do on a daily basis. Shooting these pictures today made me realize that the process of making a great magazine image is not easy: there's a reason that an entire team of people have to help with outfits, posing, shooting countless angles and editing the final product. But this whole experience has left me exhilarated---would you guys like to see more "editorial" looks on my blog in the future? I'd love to experiment some more, instead of just taking pictures of me standing in one place!

So far, Phoenix Clothing is just a made-up concept in my mind, but if I ever wanted to capitalize on this idea, I would already have some preliminary pictures. How would you characterize this clothing brand? What kind of girl do you imagine this brand catering towards?


Special credit goes to my sister, for letting me play dress-up with her, and my boyfriend Andrew, for subjecting himself to our demands and still taking some damn good photos. Thanks, guys!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos - I love the ads you created :)

    Annie

    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful
    to read this such a wonderful post. Thank you for discussing this great
    topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that name...Phoenix Clothing:) You never know, right?


    Emmy
    http://scarberianfashionlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment! To answer your question: I curl the top layers of my hair seperately, but only the ends:) For the bottom layer I curl the entire strand of hair:)
    xx
    Discover my Stylish Confessions♥
    Discover my Stylish Confessions♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... stunning photos....! Good job :) I like your post
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear :) nice blog and amazing photo :) from now on I will follow you with pleasure, you'll look for me if you like;)

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name and these would definitely be fantastic editorials and advertisements! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow can tell you put a lot of effort into this~! i hope it will come true for you one day!

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG

    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I try to read and reply to every comment, and I will be more than happy to reciprocate by visiting your site. If you have any questions about me, check out my About Me page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...